For table tennis players, coaches, officials, brands, shops and our beloved sport in general, 2021 was definitely not an easy year. Nevertheless, there were also rays of hope from time to time. We would therefore like to review the year with you. What happened to us? We wish a lot of fun to read the article and a Merry Christmas to all pimples players of the worldwide Sauer & Tröger family!
The personal review of the year 2020
2020 was an eventful year for all of us. Besides the reflective look back, we would also like to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of our hearts!
Hello dear pimple community,
with today’s post I wanted “by default” Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year wüschen. Uncharitably recited, almost boring. Then I was linked on Facebook by a dear and regular participant of my classes. He uploaded a picture of his first pimple course from 2009 (many more were to follow/ conducted in Saxony with co-trainer Erik Schreyer, who is now Bundesliga coach of Post SV Mühlhausen). He wrote: “Where has the time gone?”
I also asked myself that and was really very touched by this beautiful memory, which felt a little like time travel. Since then, so much has happened.This gave me the initial spark to not just lovelessly “let go of wishes”, but to use this opportunity for a small annual review of Sauer & Tröger.
And promised: I’ll do my best to use the C-word, which accompanies us so ubiquitously, as rarely as possible. Of it we have surely all enough^^. Nevertheless, I notice already with the first train of thought that it will not be able to be avoided completely.
In the year 2020 we started as a company still quite unspectacular. We already knew that we would be launching a new rubber on the market again this year after a break. For May, the launch of the new flagships Hellfire X and Unicorn was on the schedule. However, after the closure of the first table tennis halls, we questioned this and we were advised by a majority of our dealers to postpone this to a later date. We released our new products anyway, against the market trend, and we have been rewarded. They have taken off extremely well and we have been able to make many customers happy to date, despite the difficult situation.
Also, after a brief period of resignation, we decided not to apply the “ostrich tactic” and not to bury our heads in the sand. Rather, we wanted to use this very situation to tackle and improve many things we had on our To Do list. In this way, we were able to sustainably raise our service for you as players and for our dealers to a new level. To name just a few points:
- We have made our website and our online store far more user-friendly
- We have made internal structures and processes much more efficient
- We have expanded our product portfolio and now also offer complete rackets with coordinated rubber-blade combinations that are tailored to your playing system.
- We have gained many new partner stores around the world that now distribute our products (e.g. in Japan, USA, India, Taiwan, South America, Eastern Europe etc.). In total, we now have over 300 partners in more than 50 countries who are outfitting their players with our products
- We launched this newsletter that you are reading right now and are getting a lot of positive feedback for it. This way you can get the latest pimple news as well as join us in our daily work and get a better, more tangible picture of a table tennis brand.
- We have rented a new and much larger warehouse, so we don’t have to practice “Tetris” in the confines as we did before. This makes us open to new things and the daily work of Hans-Günter in order processing is also massively facilitated
- We have increased our team to further our expansion.
- We have massively improved our presence on social media (Facebook and Instagram) and were able to attract many new followers and partners. We are of course very happy about it, if you are also soon one of them.
- We were able to test many materials in peace and gain new insights
- We also continue to have revolutionary things in the pipeline, which can shape and change the pimple sector as well as the table tennis sector in the long term. We are still not quite sure if everything will work out the way we envision. However, there is reason for optimism and we are not far from our result
In short, almost every situation offers opportunities and it is up to us to make the most of them. Doors can almost always be opened.
Another big highlight for me was running two pimple training courses in the summer. It was something special to be “among people” again and to talk to you, the players, in person once again.
The biggest coup of the year was then the release of the pimple rap song. We received outstanding feedback from an extremely large number of people and were able to put a smile on the faces of many players
Now the song can also be downloaded on various platforms such as Spotify or Apple Music. In the future, it will certainly be used as interlude music in many sports halls. It has already found its way into the German table tennis league. It was played at the match between TTC Zugbrücke Grenzau and TTC Rhönsprudel Fulda-Maberzell before the match between Karakasevic and Filus. Who would have thought that I can call myself a “rapper” again 😀
With this, the year 2020 may stop for us, but not the chosen path of the next few years. We remain fresh, modern and creative and will continue to provide special highlights in the table tennis scene. Our partnerships with the innovative companies Bruno Banani & Leguano also stand for this. Exciting things are in the pipeline as already announced, just waiting to be let out of the “bag”. Let us surprise you (positively).
Now the time has come to wish you a pleasant Christmas and a good start to a hopefully better year 2021!
Your Sebastian from the Sauer & Tröger Team
Follow us now on social media:
You might like that, too:
This is what the table tennis pimples brand Sauer & Tröger stands for: To make things different, cool and innovative.
We therefore proudly present you the world’s #1 pimples underwear in cooperation with the design company Bruno Banani. The stylish men’s underwear are available in different colours and sizes in the Sauer & Tröger online shop and soon in the Bruno Banani outlets. Table tennis and pimples players can rejoice!
One pimples player like that, the other like that. We are currently experiencing an unprecedented parallel world of table tennis. Many pimples players are hot for the new season, have been training for months and can hardly wait for it to start again. Other pimples players, on the other hand, do not even get the racket out of the cellar. We want to get a broad picture of the mood.